This Chica's Must Read List (so far!)

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
13th Tale by Diane Setterfield
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Half Broke Horses - Almost done

I love it when you can't put your book down. Last night I finished Julia Alvarez's book and then picked up Half Broke Horses and only got about 10 pages into it before I fell sound asleep. I then woke up at 2am and couldn't fall back to sleep and picked up the book and then couldn't put it down. I had to force myself to stop after I was up to page 167. I am purposely stopping because I don't want it to end. I love it when that happens. If you loved Jeannette Walls' book The Glass Castle, then you will love this story. The story of her grandmother and mother. What resilience these women had. It makes me want to re-read The Glass Castle. They are must reads for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment