This Chica's Must Read List (so far!)

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
13th Tale by Diane Setterfield
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas - The best gifts of all

Okay so for Christmas I got the book I really wanted. What was it? Jeannette Walls' book "Half Broke Horses". I cannot wait to read it. I loved her first book, The Glass Castle. What a book. It made me laugh, it made me cry and it made me ANGRY! I kept wondering, what is wrong with that mother??? The life Jeannette Walls lived with her brother and sister was amazing. The fact that her parents lived as homeless people was just unbelieveable. I kept thinking, how could 2 intelligent people allow their children to live in squalor? After the book ended, I still had so many questions. I wanted to know why her parents were the way they were. I saw an interview with Jeannette and she said that a lot of people wanted to know why her parents were the way they were, especially her mother. Hence, Half Broke Horses, which is the story of her mother and her childhood. I am so excited to read it.

Here is a link to Amazon's page for The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeannette Walls

http://www.amazon.com/Glass-Castle-Memoir-Jeannette-Walls/dp/074324754X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262012966&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment