This Chica's Must Read List (so far!)

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
13th Tale by Diane Setterfield
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Finished my book!!!

Well, I did it, I finally gave in and finished the last of Half Broke Horses and it didn't disappoint. I fell in love with Jeannette's grandmother Lily. She was smart, strong, independent, resilient, and surprisingly, everything I found her mother not to be. I may need to re-read The Glass Castle to get a better look at this again. I want to read to better understand her life. It's like when you read a self help book and apply it to your life or you have a major breakthrough about something from the past and you try and understand who you are now and why you were that way. It's the same thing with this book, I want to go back to the glass castle and figure out her mother. The end of the book briefly covers her mother and the end notes explain why she wrote about her grandmother and not her mother which is great. I definitely suggest reading this 1st and then the Glass Castle. Thank you Jeannette Walls for a fantastic book!

No comments:

Post a Comment