This Chica's Must Read List (so far!)

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
13th Tale by Diane Setterfield
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Guilt

Is it that Hispanics experience the feeling of guilt more than other nationalities? Is it because we're mostly Catholic? I don't know. I feel guilty if I say no to something I don't want to do. For instance, my ex husband has this way of asking me for things, but in such a way that he's not asking. Does that make sense. It's kind of like he is telling me. Yesterday I finally said No to him and I felt so guilty like God was going to punish me. I don't understand why I feel guilty when I say NO to things that I know are not in my best interest. Therefore, this leads me into my next self help book. It is "Good-Bye to Guilt: Releasing Fear Through Forgiveness" by
Gerald Jampolsky. I am on my final chapters of Marianne Williamson's book "Enchanted Love", but hope to have this new book by then. I always try and order from Amazon. I got this new book for 1 cent plus shipping. I looked on Barnes & Noble and it was $16 new. Can't beat that. I like to highlight my books so I like to own them, otherwise I would say go the library. I also like Amazon because you can sneak peak in a book and read the first 10 pages or so. Interestingly, this book also refers to the book "A Course in Miracles". Marianne Williamson refers to this book too. I'm on the lookout in my resale shops. I could kick myself because I saw it once in my Goodwill store and thought for a second, I should buy that, but didn't and now really regret it! Well, that's it for this morning. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment