This Chica's Must Read List (so far!)

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
13th Tale by Diane Setterfield
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Story of Edgar Sawtelle

Okay, I finished the book last night. I couldn't put it down. Like I stated before, the first 200 pages or so gives you the entire background and history of Edgar and his parents. Once you reach a certain point, the story just takes off from there. Those first 200 pages, I kept thinking, there has to be more to this. Rest assured, there was. There were nights I was so tired, but I couldn't put the book down. I literally fell asleep with it on my lap, not because it was boring, but because I refused to put it down when I felt tired. I don't want to spoil the ending, but it was a surprise. I love the way I knew Edgar so well because of all the background information. I also loved the characters. I hated some and loved some. There was a part in there which was a little out there (when Edgar had the dogs do a trick with a syringe), but overall, I would recommend it, especially to a dog lover. This is a great story about a boy and his love of his dog(s) coupled with suspense and surprised. This is sure to be a keeper for some of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment