This Chica's Must Read List (so far!)

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
13th Tale by Diane Setterfield
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Books to Re-read

Everyone asks me why I collect my favorite books? They ask if I've ever re-read any and I always say "no". I always thought it was because when you read a book, it becomes part of your life. I read Stephen King a lot when I was a teenager and not so much now, but my favorite book was Pet Semetary. I remember reading it all day! Anyway, Stephen King wrote a comment/review on the back of a book I was reading and he said something to the effect of he hardly ever re-reads a book because there are too many books and so little time. I thought - "exactly!" Now I think, I have them for my kids. I want them to have something to remember me by and that is my books. I feel like they are part of me. I have my favorites which I've been collecting in hard cover and I enjoy that. I love to know that maybe one day my daughter will be sitting in her home and reading something I did also.

No comments:

Post a Comment