This Chica's Must Read List (so far!)

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
13th Tale by Diane Setterfield
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

Saturday, July 25, 2009

My First Follower

Rita - how in the world do you do it? Work full time, kids, family, school??? I worked for over 25 years in corporate America and got laid off in December 2007 and have been a stay at home mom now for over a year. My hat goes off to you. Yes, I love my kids too and they too make me a better mom and person.

I have 2 sons and a daughter. My middle child, my son, hates to read to it is hard for me. I have him reading the Kite Runner now. We're starting with 15-20 pages a day, but it's a start. I think there are some valuable lessons in that book. I loved it. He seems to be okay with it so far. About 40 pages into it.

I'm on twitter under: http://twitter.com/Book_Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment