This Chica's Must Read List (so far!)

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
13th Tale by Diane Setterfield
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Story of Edgar Sawtelle On Page 300

Okay, at first I was skeptical. I must admit that I am not an Oprah Bookclub reader. I pick books that seem to just call me. I know it's weird, but I feel that the books I read find me. I found The Story of Edgar Sawtelle at the resale shop by my house and I had seen it before at other ones, but never had the urge to get it. This time I couldn't resist and I brought it home. For those of you who don't know the story behind it. To not give too much away, the first 300 pages center around the Sawtelle farm and their breeding business. I was starting to get a little overwhelmed, if we can say that, with all the breeding terminology and training descriptions, but then I realized that this gives the reader such a feeling of belonging in the story. I feel like I am part of the Sawtelle family now and this story has just got a hold of me and I look for moments in my day when I dare to read even a half a page. I suggest that if you pick up the book and have the urge to put it down before you finish, I beg you not to. This story only gets better as the book progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment